29 July 2019

dbua not showing Recovery Options

I noted a strange situation recently. I was able to recreate this today in a test environment. I will briefly explain.

I use the dbua (Database Upgrade Assistant) to upgrade an database (18.5.0.0.0) to 19.4.0.0.0
When the source database orcl01 is running in OPEN mode on the old home I get in the dbua the screens:
1. Select Database
2. Prerequisite Checks
3. Select Upgrade Options
4. Select Recovery Options
5. Configure Management
6. Summary
7. Progress
8. Results.

When the source database orcl01 is started with STARTUP UPGRADE in the new home, and then I start the dbua, I get the screens:
1. Select Database
2. Select Upgrade Options
3. Summary
4. Progess
5. Results.

So there are essential screens missing, like the Recovery Options. The backup or restore point is NOT made, but the upgrade is performed without issues.

When asked on MOS, I got the response that the first setup is the correct one. I never really thought about this, strange difference right?

No comments:

Post a Comment